General Claims Questions

Bodily Injury Lawyer - Donald E Patterson

General Claims Questions

Do I have to give a written or recorded statement to the other party’s insurance company?

No – It is not required by law and can be used against you by the insurance company.

Do I have to sign medical releases for the other party’s insurance company?

No – Again, it is not required by law and can help the insurance company to gather evidence the can use against you.

What happens if the other car and driver are uninsured?

If you have uninsured motorist coverage in you auto policy you are still protected. Make sure your policy includes uninsured motorist coverage.

Can I go to any doctor I want?

Yes, you can. A qualified accident attorney can help you find a doctor who specializes in treating car accident victims.

Can I take time off from work?

If medically necessary, yes, but your doctor must authorize this in writing – that will help you get compensated fairly.

Will I have to go to court?

Probably not, if you retain a qualified accident attorney who know how to negotiate and out-of-court settlement for you.